July 15, 2009

GEORGIA!!!

WE'RE BACK!!!
It's official, we are back in Georgia and lovin' it!

*Make sure to see the TWO post after this one...they're brand new too!*
It was quite a trip getting here though...
It was decided that we would DRIVE across the country. (crazy thing to do, i tell you)
acking and having a limited number of clothes I could take was, to say the least, super hard.
Luckily we had some AMAZING friends to help us though... *CHRISTY---YOU ROCK!!! :-D
We somehow managed to cram all of our clothes in the car
>and when I say our clothes I mean, mostly mine (blush)<
If you really know me then you know that I have ALOT of clothes.
When that was done, we remembered that we had SIX little critters and their cages to deal with.
Well we somehow managed and set off waving goodbye to our sweet little trailer of a home and praying that we'd survive in the cramped car. (haha!) We drove through TONS of rainstorms which we thought, unlike most would think, they were a gift from heaven! You see, we didn't have air conditioning at the time. So, like dogs with the window rolled down, we would cool off by sticking our heads and feet out the windows. My biggest complaint about this grandious country is the FACT that the scenery is THE SAME the whole way through Wyoming and Kansas. (I gained the priveledge of driving through these 2 exciting states) Talk about boring and brownish yellow. But fortunately I survived. My prize-The GEORGIA GREEN!

Being back has been wonderful! I was able to see my wonderful aunt and cousins, whom I think it had been a whole year or two since I'd last seen them! And it was naturally excited to see my parents and all my friends! I'd missed them SO much!
We're staying with my grandparents and its tons of fun! (not to metion I'm able to glean from grandma's house keeping magic and have access to the Harry Potter series on CD.) *yay grandparents!*
We celebrated Ms. Nikki D'Acchioli's birthday with a whole in one...well more like a whole in several more than one, but we'll just subtract the "several more than" part.
Yes. Nikki and I cheat at miniature golf.
Whereas, Alan takes this sport to be NO LAUGHING MATTER. As most people know, It is a very serious game.
After 4 or 5 holes of us girls kicking/placing our golf balls into the hole, Alan tossed the score card with a smile.

Alan is interning at ZOO ATLANTA and loves it! Quite frankly, I'm a little jealous he gets to play with animals all day and teach people about them but he really is outstanding at it!!! I'm so proud of him! I love getting to hear about his daily adventures and the inside scoop of what happens at the zoo I grew up hoping to work at myself. I was able to tag along with him one day and found that I had a hidden love for giraffe's (I probably inherited it from my Aunt Stephanie).
-make sure to check out the 2 post after this one with lot of pictures!-
I am currently taking an online course for studying to become an Orthodontic Assistant. It's EXTREMELY FACINATING to me and lots of fun even though its time consuming and makes my brain/hand hurt from taking notes. Just yesterday I had a job interview for a position at PETSMART!!! It would be super fun so keep your fingers crossed for me!
Welp everybody, I better go... but I hope this lengthy post will suffice. Hopefully, since I was appreciatively reminded I have a blog (thank you Lorie!) I will be much better at updating!
All my love,
The Peachy Georgia Peach

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's about time you posted! i'm glad ya'll are having fun in g-town!

Karie said...

You POSTED! Welcome home!

Past Routines