December 14, 2009

Our Georgia life in a nutshell...

Okay sooooooooooooo I am officially the WORST blogger EVER. This means that I unfortunately am going to have to give you the "Reader's digest" version of our experience in Georgia.
First I'll start with the Zoo because -no joke-we haveTHOUSANDS of zoo pictures! AH!)
But before I post any paraphernalia, I have a confession to make.

I. Am. OBSESSED With. Otters.

I have been this way ever since I can remember. Even my stuffed animal I carried around as a kid was an otter. Can I just tell you all how much I have loved having Alan work at the zoo! I was lucky enough to be able to in the back holding area with the animal I adore most!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEE!  (Granted I wasn't lucky enough to touch any of these critter and quite honestly I don't think I'd want to. They're known for their "tooth". But I did get within biting range!!!!)
Also I would like to take a moment to boast. These are very very very active creatures. They do not sit still at all. Especially when they are in the water. So hooray me for actually getting these shots! (granted it took 4+ trips to the zoo, probably around 100 picture takes, and a cramped arm but who cares!!! YAY!!!! :-D )
Okay so here are my favorite pictures.



Up close and personal!!!!
Seriously way better than meeting some famous actor or rockstar....

Another animal recently added to my favorites list is the giraffe.
They are hilariously nosy little goobers!

Meet Slasher. He is a Komodo Dragon. He likes to sunbathe.
Alan enjoys cleaning Slashers cage.
Slasher's bite is deadly because of the bacteria in his saliva.
Sweet sleepy little Slasher.

This little guy was having a rough day...

Awake.                                    Asleep.

2 of our favorite people, i mean, birds at the zoo are Zazu  & Gumby.
They feel that it is their personal calling to make sure all humans are feed.
Be it with chunks of wood, rats, or good ole' fashioned air, the humans must eat!



And lastly (sort of) this is one of my favorite new things at the zoo.
These are the endangered Golden Tamarins. No, they didn't escape.
They are very territorial primates and their parents mark the areas the children are allowed to go.
Thats why they only go along the rope and around the little island across from their  exhibit.
 
Okay well... I have to go.... I'll try to post more when i get back...

5 comments:

Karie said...

good pictures! thanks for sharing! Off to the cold, eh?

Red Head Family said...

Thanks for the updates been wondering what you are up to!

Anonymous said...

Oh I've missed you guys! I need to give you a call soon. cute pictures btw. Love you!

Karie said...

Today is January 4, 2010! Happy Birthday to a very special JESSICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenaca and Stephen said...

yAY im so glad i found yor blog

Past Routines